NMC approves two brand-new medical schools Porbandar and Godhra colleges

NMC approves two brand-new medical schools Porbandar and Godhra colleges

AHMEDABAD: On Tuesday, the National Medical Council (NMC) sanctioned the establishment of two new medical schools in the state, one in Porbandar and the other at Godhra in the Panchmahal district. 100 MBBS seats will be available in each college.

There are currently 30 medical colleges in the state, including government-run, private, and grant-in-aid institutions. There are now 5,500 available medical seats in the state as a whole. The state will now have 5,700 more medical seats thanks to these two new universities.

According to sources, the state has proposed five additional medical colleges, of which two have received approval from the NMC. Rajpipla, Navsari, and Morbi are where the other three proposed medical colleges are located.

The establishment of the two newly approved institutions will cost a total of Rs 660 crore, or Rs 330 crore for each college. According to sources, the state government has paid 40% of the bill, with the union government covering the other 60%.

According to sources, NMC teams inspected three further proposed colleges in Rajpipla, Navsari, and Morbi on Tuesday.

Gujarat’s additional chief secretary for health and family welfare, Manoj Aggarwal, reported that the NMC had today approved two institutions. There will be 100 MBBS seats in each. Students in the state will benefit greatly from this, according to Aggarwal. He noted that the approval of three additional medical colleges by the NMC is shortly anticipated.

The new colleges will feature resources like labs, libraries, dormitories, tutors, and paramedical personnel. 258 doctors who are already working as lecturers in various medical colleges have recently received transfer orders from the Gujarat Medical Education and Research Society (GMERS) to the planned medical institutions.

Leave a Reply

error: Content is protected !!
Open chat
WhatsApp Now