The National Health Authority (NHA) announced the successful integration of 52 digital health applications as part of the expansion of the digital health ecosystem being established under its flagship programme, the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM). Additional 12 health care applications have finished integrating across many milestones in the ABDM sandbox environment over the past two months. These applications were included to the ABDM Partners ecosystem following a fruitful demonstration. There are now 32 applications from the corporate sector and 20 from the government.
Dr. R. S. Sharma, CEO of the National Hospital Association, commented on the significance of this milestone: “The ABDM integrators are our key partners in this journey of bringing the advantages of digital healthcare delivery to the masses. The ecosystem’s potential for innovation grows as more and more current health applications join it, and the system develops much more quickly. This integration represents the ability of the public and private sectors to work together and develop the nation’s digital health ecosystem. We are eager to collaborate with additional emerging start-ups and health technology pioneers.
The 12 new applications that will be a part of ABDM Partners’ ecosystem after May 11th, 2022, are mentioned below (in alphabetical order by category):
- Hospital Management System by NICE-HMS and HMIS (Hospital Management Information System) for Central Government Hospital Scheme (CGHS)
- A few examples of health technology include the Equal app from Infinity Identity Technologies Pvt Ltd, the IHX Claim Management Platform from IHX, the Karkinos Application Suite from Karkinos
- Healthcare Private Limited, the Meraadhikar app from Fingoole Technologies Pvt Ltd, the nPe Bills & Services app from NICT, the Paperplane WhatsApp Clinic from Paperplane Communications Pvt Ltd, and the HISP-EMR from the Society for Health (HISP India)
- Other well-known government products include UK Telemedicine Service for Uttarakhand Government by Dhanush Infotech Pvt Ltd, Anmol Application of the National Health Mission by NIC, and eSanjeevani AB-HWC by C-DAC Mohali.
NOTE: Some products might have components from multiple types of digital health solutions.
The ABDM Sandbox has up to 919 health tech innovators as participants. Since the ABDM’s nationwide rollout on September 27, 2021, a number of well-liked health applications from the public and business sectors have actively participated in the ecosystem. 52 of these 919 innovators are bringing additional users into India’s digital health ecosystem by completing their ABDM integration across three tiers. India will be able to attain healthcare for all in the most practical, cost-effective, and effective ways possible with the support of this collaborative approach to digitising healthcare delivery.
The following 40 health technology applications (ordered alphabetically by category) had finished their ABDM integration before May 11, 2022:
- HMIS programmes include DocOn by DocOn Technologies, DrucareOne by Drucare Pvt Ltd, e-Hospital by NIC, Athma by Narayana Health Limited, Bahmni by Thoughtworks Technologies, Bajaj Finserv Health for Doctors, Bajaj Finserv Health App, Amrit by Piramal Swasthya Management and Research Institute, e-Sushrut by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) Noida, MediXcel by Plus91 Technologies Private Limited, EkaCare by Orbi Health, Medmantra by Apollo Hospitals,
- LMIS programmes like the SRL Limited’s Centralized Laboratory Information Management Systems (CLIMS), CrelioHealth by Crelio Health Software, and the Dr. Lal Pathlabs Ltd.’s Patient Registration Application,
- Health technology solutions include ALA CARE by Alafied Solutions Private Limited, Curelink by Curelink Private Limited, Doxper by InformDS Technologies Private Limited, Indian Joint Registry (IJR) by NEC Software Solutions India, JioHealthHub by Reliance Digital Health,
- Personal Health Records (PHR) apps like Aarogya Setu by National Informatics Centre (NIC), DigiLocker by National e-Government Division, DocPrime by DocPrime Technologies,
- e-Aarogya by the Health Department DNH & DD, e-SanjeevaniOPD by C-DAC Mohali, Integrated Health Management System by West Bengal Health and Family Welfare, and other health technology solutions developed by the Central and State Governments include ANM AP HEALTH app for Andhra Pradesh Medical Staff and EHR by Andhra Pradesh Health and Family Welfare Department, CoWIN by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) (NHA)
The ABDM Sandbox is used to carry out the ABDM integrations (a digital space for experimentation created for testing of integration processes before the digital health product is made live for the actual use). By integrating and certifying their software systems with the ABDM APIs according to a pre-defined protocol, any developer or service provider of digital health can register on the ABDM Sandbox. Currently, 919 integrators from the public and private sectors have registered with ABDM Sandbox to integrate and test their software solutions under the programme.